Packet Captures allows you to capture all outgoing and incoming data from Things connected to Monogoto. Using Packet Capture, a PCAP file can be generated for a specific Thing which includes all data traffic routed via Monogoto over the past 60 minutes.
- 1.To enable the Packet Capture, select Captures at the left side menu
- 2.Select Activate Packet Capture Integration
- 3.A pop-up appears, which gives you more information about the Packet Capture integration. Click the button Activate
- 4.Once the integration has been enabled, you can generate a Packet Capture file by clicking the button New Capture:
- 5.Fill in the IP Address of the Thing you want to generate the Packet Capture File for.
- 6.Once generated, you can download the Capture File by clicking the button Download Capture File.
- 7.The Packet Capture File is downloaded in PCAP format and can be opened with a program such as Wire Shark. The PCAP file contains all data about the packets sent to and from a Thing, including:
- IP address of the source
- IP address of the destination
- Transport protocol (e.g. HTTP, TCP, UDP)
- Packet size in bytes
- The payload of the data packet
- The metadata of the data packets